Build a Web Site in a Day Workshop
This intensive one-to-one day is aimed at individuals or business owners who want to learn how to use the power of WordPress to build and maintain their own web site. Over the course of the day you will see how to build your own web site using WordPress and actively contribute to its development. You will learn how to edit the navigation, add pages, edit content, prepare and upload images and work with social media. By the end of the day you will have sufficient knowledge and confidence to continue to develop your site ready for launch.
Installation & Setup
Plugins – Under Construction
Settings – General | Reading | Discussion | Media | Privacy | Permalinks
Users & User Types
Tools | Import / Export | Plugins
Posts & Pages | Comments
Links | Media
The Default Themes | Other Themes | Premium Themes
Importing a Theme | FTP Theme
Theme Activation | Theme Options Panel
Templates & Shortcodes
Structure & Navigation
Image preparation & upload
Site Build Live Environment
Post & Pages
Page Builder Plugins
Footer Widgets & Sidebars
Basic HTML & CSS
Q & A Session
1. Ability to use a computer for basic tasks.
2. Understanding of and familiarity with basic web related terminology. Domains, web browser, web site etc.
3. Experience with at least one web browser, ideally Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
4. Basic understanding of word-processor software such as MS Word.
5. Site plan / structure and text and images prepared.
NICE TO HAVE.
1. Basic HTML knowledge.
2. Basic CSS knowledge.
3. Your own laptop which you can bring along and work with to build your own site during the day.
At the end of the day you will have a fully functional working web site ready to go live. You will also have the knowledge to continue to maintain and develop the site and even have the expertise to create other web sites from scratch should you wish to do so.
One-to-One Site Build Workshop
Duration: 1 day / 10am – 4pm
* Price includes the workshop fee only. Annual costs of running a web site are charged in addition to the workshop fee. These costs are typically as follows: Site hosting (£60) – Basic site maintenance which includes WordPress framework updates, plugin updates, security updates and remote weekly backups (£120). Domain registration, WordPress theme license fee and any premium plugins required are also charged as required in addition to the workshop fee.
* Weekend training on the 3rd Saturday of each month is also available at £1195. If you require a weekend workshop please contact us with your requested dates.
* Excludes e-commerce sites. Workshops for e-commerce sites can be arranged but would typically require 2 – 3 days to develop and therefore would incur additional fees. All prices quoted are subject to VAT.
This course has given me the skillset to change the way I earn my living, and the freedom to work my own hours.
This is one of the best instructional courses I have ever come across – highly recommended.
This course has puched me beyond my comfort zone and enabled me to finally developer web sites that I am proud of.
Your website is the most important marketing tool you have and therefore you need someone who understands and can translate what it is you think you need into something real! Andrew made my ideas (and many of his own!) into my perfect website with so many compliments from my customers too, I can’t recommend Andrew more highly. Thank you!