Existing Site Updates Workshop
This half day workshop is designed for existing site owners who want to learn how to maintain the content of their own web sites, add new content, create new page, manage the navigational elements etc. You will learn how to add and edit pages, edit content, prepare and upload images and work with social media. By the end of the workshop you will have sufficient knowledge to maintain the content of your own web site using the tools within WordPress.
Basic Site Updates
WordPress Page Editing Toolbar
Editing existing Posts & Pages
Adding new Posts & Pages
Page layout control (rows & columns)
Duplicating / Cloning content
Page element template library
Button and text links
Footer Widgets & Sidebars
Placement of images
Q & A Session
Throughout the workshop you will have the opportunity to ask questions about carrying out tasks related specifically to your own web site.
In order to get the best from this training course it is recommended that you have the following level of knowledge as a minimum;
1. Ability to use a computer for basic tasks.
2. Understanding of and familiarity with basic web related terminology. Domains, web browser, web site etc.
3. Experience with at least one web browser, ideally Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
4. Basic understanding of word-processor software such as MS Word.
5. Site goals / structure and text and images prepared.
NICE TO HAVE.
1. Basic HTML knowledge.
2. Basic CSS knowledge.
3. Your own laptop which you can bring along and work with to make changes to your own site during the workshop.
Existing Site Updates Workshop
Duration: ½ Day | 10am – 2pm
* Price includes the workshop fee only. Annual costs of running a web site are charged in addition to the workshop fee. These costs are typically as follows: Site hosting (£60) – Basic site maintenance which includes WordPress framework updates, plugin updates, security updates and remote weekly backups (£120). Domain registration, WordPress theme license fee and any premium plugins required are also charged as required in addition to the workshop fee.
* Weekend training on the 3rd Saturday of each month is also available at £495. If you require a weekend workshop please contact us with your requested dates.
* Excludes e-commerce sites. Workshops for e-commerce sites can be arranged but would typically require 2 – 3 days to develop and therefore would incur additional fees.
Due to the current outbreak of Covid-19 we are unable to provide face to face workshops at this time. We hope this will change soon but in the mean time why not subscribe to the online version.
This course has given me the skillset to change the way I earn my living, and the freedom to work my own hours.
This is one of the best instructional courses I have ever come across – highly recommended.
This course has pushed me beyond my comfort zone and enabled me to finally develop web sites that I am proud of.
Your website is the most important marketing tool you have and therefore you need someone who understands and can translate what it is you think you need into something real! Andrew made my ideas (and many of his own!) into my perfect website with so many compliments from my customers too, I can’t recommend Andrew more highly. Thank you!